Welcome! I’m Ilka,
a dedicated teacher, lovable scientist, and author behind Simplyilka.com
I strongly believe that everyone should be enabled to live the best way possible.
On this blog, I help people change habits. I’ve seen that people often don’t realize the power their behavior has on their brain – and the other way around.
I write about…
- What habits are, how you can break an old habit and how you can develop a new habit.
- Why it takes some time to develop a new habit.
- Why you will have moments of failure while developing a new habit, no matter how strong your willpower is.
- Why you should accept these moments of failure as part of your journey of habit change.
- Why you never stop learning – and why that’s a good thing.
- Why you have to include your reward system to successfully change a habit.
- On occasion, I write about science stuff that doesn’t fit neatly into one of these categories.
- On other occasions, I share posts I write for other blogs.
I Know How You Feel!
Do you want to improve and reach your full potential? Do you strive to develop new habits while getting rid of old ones?
I’m on the journey with you. I’m not just writing about habit change or teaching it. I’m in the middle of changing habits myself, using the same knowledge and the same methods I’m introducing to you. I’m feeling what you are feeling and I’m failing where you are failing.
Let’s move on together! I can help you, step by step, with practical tips and helpful information. Be assured, everything I write is backed up by science.
Some Quick Facts About Me!
I’m a mom of two lovely, constantly question asking, and knowledge craving kids.
I belong to those people you can’t start their day (or a project, or a car ride, or anything) without a cup of coffee.
I work as a teacher for Maths and Science at an incredible IB School.
I achieved a Ph.D. in science and a 2 year certified further study course in practical psychology and counseling.
I was born in Germany, educated in the USA, and am now an expat of the interesting UAE.
No matter where I live, I always find my home and strength in a church group.
I love music, play the piano and sing in a girls-only modern fun choir with an own Youtube channel
Connect with Me And Stay Friends!
Start to discover some of the most interesting and most popular posts I’ve already published:
- 3 simple tips how to make and break a habit
- Why your brain can sabotage your weight loss
- Why quitting smoking is the most brutal habit change
- How dopamine works in favor of our Reward System
I share other people’s great stuff at Twitter and motivational quotes at Instagram:
Use the link below to sign up to be among the first to receive my latest content. You can expect to hear from me weekly. Right after you sign up, you will also receive a free cheat sheet on strategies to deal with failure.